Since 1986 and during twelve years he made illustrations for the newspaper El País, being sent in1990 as a graphic correspondent to Russia. Nowdays he publishes indifferently in the newspapers La Razón and La Vanguardia. This adds to a daily collaboration of three decades in the Spanish national press.
He has also worked in the field of cartoon (Filman, Cruz Delgado), graphic design ( Ministery of Culture, Renfe ), editorial illustration (S.M., Alfaguara), comic strip (Madriz, Scrambled Media) or sculpture (sculptural pieces for the Spin Communications Tower in Shanghai, central sculpture of the Lillas Pastiá restaurant in Huesca).
Regularly performing abundant graphic work and giving lectures and workshops in universities and private training centers in Spain, France, Colombia or Mexico.
Performing in parallel abundant graphic work and giving lectures and workshops in universities and private training centers in Spain, France, Colombia or Mexico.
Collective exhibitions: Different conferences on comics and illustration in Spain, Italy (Treviso), Switzerland (Sierre), Finland (Kemi), France (Paris, Caen, Saint-Maló, Blois), Greece (Athens), Colombia (Bogotá), Mexico (DF) …
Individual expositions. Actual 1994. Sala Amos Salvador, 2016, (Logroño). House of the Province of Seville. Góngora House of Córdoba. Museum of Contemporary Art of Madrid. Ziggourat Gallery (Brussels). Gaze Gallery (Ravenna). Gallery B.F.D.
(Paris) The Bedeteca of Lisbon …
- Berlin 1931. With a script by F. H. Cava. Ed. Casset, 1991. Three French editions: Ed. Amok, 1998, 99 and 2000. German edition, Avant-Verlag, 2001.
- Raúl, fe de erratas. With scripts by F. H. Cava and Raúl. Ed. Casset, 1992
- Ventanas a Occidente. With Script by F. H. Cava. Ed. Luca, 1994. French edition, Ed. Amok, 1995. Italian edition, Giuda Edizioni, 2013. Prize 13th Festival del Fumetto in Rome.
- Contra Raúl. Integral of the work of Raúl in comics. With scripts by F. H. Cava and Raúl. Ed. Ponent Mon, 2016.
- Moliere, Moliere y su primo, Moliere tiene frio, Moliere y la tele. Paint them with Raúl’s scripts. Ed. S.M. 1992
- Baisers de papier. Script of Raúl. Editions Thierry Magnier, 2001.
- Pertinencias. Colombian Edition, Editions Pataphysicas de la Candelaria, 2005.
- Angulo el Malo. Theater play in three acts. Two editions: Ed. Camarasa / Mac Diego, 1998 and Ediciones cartoneritaniñabonita, 2010.
- Raúl, cuaderno perplejo. Ed. Casset, 1993. Extended French edition, Ed. Amok, 2002.
- Oficio de Lectura. Next to the Illustrator Peret. Puertas de Castilla (Murcia), 2008.
- Aquel que viaja, aquel que pasea. the one who walks. Diputación de Sevilla, 2011.
- De la virginidad. Ed. Dib-buks, 2016.
If you are interested in learning more about Raúl or his artworks, write your message for him here. Fill out the form: